Indianapolis Indiana Temple

Indianapolis Indiana Temple
Indianapolis Indiana Temple

Monday, September 21, 2015

Week 13 - About Being Baptized

Hey Mom:)

Well the news you have all been waiting for. The baptism went GREAT!!!! But before I talk about that let me talk to you about another miracle. I talked about the family we found where we tracted into them and they were in our former’s book? Well we went over there to teach a lesson and out of nowhere the 21 year old daughter said, "You know what, I have a question for you two!" She said it in a really stern way. So me and Freeman were both ready for some kinda anti mormon question but she said "Why aren’t y’all telling me about being baptized? When can I do it? How is it done?" Me and Freeman almost laughed because that was what we were going to teach them about!! So we taught her and her family and we set them on a baptismal date for Oct. 31st :)

Wait, there’s more. The night before the baptism we had dinner with our ward mission leader and C. She was still struggling a bit with prayer because of all the difficult situations in her life. Me and Freeman found a scripture which is Alma 5:45-46 -

“And this is not all. Do ye not suppose that I know of these things myself? Behold, I testify unto you that I do know that these things whereof I have spoken are true. And how do ye suppose that I know of their surety? Behold, I say unto you they are made known unto me by the Holy Spirit of God. Behold, I have fasted and prayed many days that I might know these things of myself. And now I do know of myself that they are true; for the Lord God hath made them manifest unto me by his Holy Spirit; and this is the spirit of revelation which is in me.”

We felt this was the scripture. After dinner we had a spiritual thought but before we could share our scripture our Ward mission leader bore his testimony of prayer. I can’t even describe in an email the power we felt. But it was awesome. The crazy thing was his testimony was exactly like the scripture we had prepared! When we read the scripture me, freeman, the ward mission  leader, and Catlin were all surprised, haha! We all had to tell her this was totally not planned, but it was all according to the spirit! So yet another blessing and miracle.

Fast Forward to the baptism. We invited P (the 21 year old who’s on date for Oct 31st) to the baptism. She loved it and said she is really looking forward to her own baptism. P has been coming to church ALOT and goes to all the activities and brings her little 2 year old son too! She is so awesome and did I mention she played rugby? 
During the baptism I swear Catlin was gonna jump outta her seat because she was so happy!! I’ve never seen someone so excited for their baptism. When Freeman baptized her and brought her up out of the water, she did like a fist pump and everyone laughed. We had great talks and a great musical number by the "Columbus Missionary Choir" -- so it was just us pretty much, haha! 
Sunday the confirmation went great too. Afterward, P told us how this is the only church she's seen that cares for its new members, that are involved and so welcoming. And you know what? It’s true! We told her that every LDS church and congregation she attends will be like this. Our church is a church of order and of love. So no matter where you go, if it be from Utah to Indiana or from Ukraine to India, members will always welcome you. We are the same everywhere and I feel like that’s one of the greatest things about being a member of this church.

This is Freemans last few days with me :(  I am pretty bummed because we've gotten so close with the people here and with each other. He's a great guy, an even greater missionary, and I’m gonna miss him. But it’s missionary work and there’s lots of it. So I’m going to have to hold the fort down here in Columbus! 
Congrats to Leah! Thats awesome!! Tell her I’m voting for Redlands University cuz it’s in Cali right? She should go there so I can keep an eye on her. I’ll make sure to scare all the guys away haha!! YAY!! So happy to see the pics of baby Hendrix and everyone at his baby blessing, it made me miss you all :) Glad Dallan was there too. Oh and I still get updates from Brother Farmer about all the games! We can’t text or call past 1030 so I asked if he would just text me the updates even though I can’t respond. So he did and I freaked out when I read it haha! Not only was I so happy to hear BYU lost, lol, but the best news was hearing Weber State WON and Stanford beat USC :) How’d Helam do? How’s Alyssa feeling? How are the marriage preparations coming along? How are Dad and Harry? How are you feeling?

I pray for you guys all the time and I especially am thankful for all of your prayers for me. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. Give all the family my love!!

Ofa Lahi Atu
Elder Heimuli


P.S. My friend who is on a mission in Uncle Vai's area finally met him, haha! He told me Uncle was the coolest guy there and always treated the missionaries to pizza and tons of food. Haha it’s good to hear from my friends when they run into family :)

No comments: