Indianapolis Indiana Temple

Indianapolis Indiana Temple
Indianapolis Indiana Temple

Monday, October 5, 2015

Week 15 - We Just Have to Ask Him

Good Morning :)
Hello again it’s your favorite son and missionary EVER!! 
My buddy Evan. He has great taste in clothes. And schools.
I’m doing great, just tired alot haha but Briggs is good! He works hard and I really enjoy companions who are willing to put in work. I guess it’s an old habit that started with dad teaching us to work hard like him, then I took that expectation to my teammates, and it’s not any different out here. The hard workers are the ones I like to hang with.
Me and Elder Briggs from Las Vegas. He's awesome.
I haven’t seen Uncle Tom since we were in the old house! Make sure to say hi to them for me and tell them I love them! Oh and if Aunty Ana has the time, please send me some lupulu haha jk jk.

Hendrix is finally going through that Heimuli Fat Stage huh? Haha join the club little guy. Jk, he's too cute to go through the same stage all us boys went through, and some are still going through, haha. Is Alyssa ready to pop soon? I’m so excited for them, my niece is going to be beautiful because of Alyssa's beauty and Helam's feminine features ;) lol

General Conference was awesome :) Why? Because now I actually stay up and watch all of it! But I admit I was missing Dad, Hema, and Helam because of our priesthood sessions we used to attend together and the food afterward! What made me the saddest though was knowing I wasted so much time by sleeping through all those conferences. So much revelation is taught by the prophet and apostles, every word that proceeds out of their mouths is doctrine and scripture. I regret not taking full advantage of that opportunity. Harrison, even though you’re only 10 I hope you listen to their words instead of just playing with pokemon cards and legos. Start now and build that faith in the Prophet’s and Apostles’ words. It will benefit you so so much.

Thanks for putting money in my account, dad! I’m so grateful, and I should be good for a while. There are thrift shops here so it’ll be cheaper to buy my winter stuff here than you having keep sending me packages.

Okay, I could finally read the chain letter sent by the fam so I’m going to guess who wrote which messages. 1st was Hema, and no I don’t have an Indianan GF. My face is like Woman repellent. The 2nd one is Dad I think? 3rd one is Harry. 4th one is Hevynn cause apparently she really misses me... NOT. The 5th one is Helam...I think...it’s really hard to tell. 6 is Norma cuz she’s always sweet :) Number 7 is Pua! Haha her comment about the trash cracked me up because I could see them all doing that lol! I can’t wait to see how big baby Lakei and my little Hendrix and my new niece are (in two years). Number 8 with the horrible handwriting is probably Bo, so I think that disqualifies him from being in our family. Number 9 is Sifa! He'll have to hook me up with that Stanford hat when it's done. And the last one is Faith and the portion of the Bolen family that I actually like (so that’s pretty much every Bolen, just not Bo). Tell them I miss them and that I love them so much! Write me next week and tell me how well I guessed. I’m pretty sure I got 100%. All missionaries have this level of confidence, they’re just not all 100% correct 100% of the time like me. Jk.


[Note from Mom: He scored 10%. 1st paragraph was random with everyone putting in a couple of words. 2 Harrison. 3 Hevynn. 4 Helam. 5 Alyssa. 6 Pua. 7 Bo. 8 Sifa. 9 Brock. 10 Faith.  At least, he got Faith right.]
Haha I also got a kick out of Harry's letter and your reply at the botttom. You are harsh, but maybe and hopefully he learned his lesson!


So this week was crazy. Tuesday we had to go to Carmel (65 miles away) for Briggs’ leg appointment because he has a busted knee. His appointment was at 330. We decided to leave at 1230 to have a good buffer in case of traffic. Well good thing we followed that prompting because lo and behold there was a traffic jam. A semi-truck overturned on 2 lanes so it was at a standstill. We were there for 2 hours. It was about 2:50 and we were still an hour away. We called the office and they said if we weren’t there by 330 the doctor was going to leave. So you know what we did? We prayed. It was miraculous because as soon as we said Amen the traffic started to move. However we still weren’t going to make it to the appointment on time if we moved at the same pace. We prayed again while driving (I didn’t close my eyes, so no worries) and all the sudden all the cars like turned off to a different exit. So we flew and made there in time!

Now since conference was Saturday and Sunday we knew we wouldn’t be able to do a lot of work. On top of that Briggs had to go to a baptism in a city far away and had to spend the night there. So I had an exchange with Elder Cocker (straight outta Tonga…Fresh Off the Boat, haha). So I had 2 days to achieve all the goals we set, and meet with tons of people. So again I prayed asking if I could somehow achieve all the goals I had set in these two days. Then I thought to myself, “Who’s going to open the door to 2 big Tongans with a Book of Mormon and pamphlets in their hands?”
Well let me answer that: 16 people did in one day. 8 of them wanted us to come back! Mom, I seriously saw miracles and witnessed the Lord’s hand in His work that day. Right now 2 of those 8 are considering baptism and hopefully they will accept our invitation. We achieved and even shot past the goals I set for us last week. God is always aware of us and wants to help us. We just have to ask Him.

Here's a scripture that popped into my head because of conference. Mosiah 3:19.

"For the natural man is an enemy to God, and has been from the fall of Adam, and will be, forever and ever, unless he yields to the enticings of the Holy Spirit, and putteth off the natural man and becometh a saint through the atonement of Christ the Lord, and becometh as a child, submissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father."

We must make a much better effort to keep the commandments and submit ourselves to God's will. When we ask or pray for direction or for revelation we must be willing to act upon the promptings we receive. If we don’t choose to follow promptings then it's all meaningless. We may not like the prompting we receive, but when we act upon it the Holy Ghost's power and presence will be magnified and we will happier and stronger.

Love you mom!
Ofa Lahi Atu,

Elder Heimuli


No comments: