Indianapolis Indiana Temple

Indianapolis Indiana Temple
Indianapolis Indiana Temple

Monday, October 26, 2015

Week 18 - Kind and Radiant

Hello Dearest Mother :)
So good news. I was able to baptize M! :) It was funny though because she left her baptism stuff at home so she went back to grab it. Satan decided to get one more punch in at that moment. M said she went back and her mom said, "Do you really want to be Mormon? There is no reason to do it!" Then M responded with, "No, mom. That’s why I’ve been going to church, meeting with the missionaries, reading the scriptures, all because I don’t want to be Mormon." Then she said her mom was speechless. Now she is the newest member of our church!!!
Elder Ballif, M and Elder Heimuli
Also another cool miracle this week! So T and her family have been getting pressure from the rest of their family. We answer all their questions but still her family is giving them a hard time especially her husband. However when we came over she said she has the support of her mother in law. I was surprised so I asked why and she told us a pretty cool story. She said, "When my mother in law was a young woman she was living alone in New Jersey with 2 kids. No one else was around to help her and no one cared. Then one day a pair of elders from the Mormon church came and helped her. She still remembers how kind and radiant they were. That’s why she totally supports me meeting with you guys."

At that moment, I felt God’s tender mercies, knowing that no matter what, our efforts to do good are never in vain. Giving service and just being a great person can affect families years down the road as we were able to witness with T.

Be good examples in everything you do. Speaking of good examples, I received another package from the Robinsons!!!! Oh I was so happy and I got to read even more testimonies and cool letters they sent me. I’m so grateful for them, so give them my love please!!
Letters in another package from the Robinsons!!
I had my interview with the mission president and he pretty much told me that I will be staying here to continue the work I’m doing, so that means I will spend 6 months of my mission here in my first area!! Crazy. But we will see what else will happen! What’s funny is that my area is almost the edge of our mission. So I’m stuck down here in the south and we have the smallest zone in our mission, but we also have the largest district! During District meeting I gave training on "how not to be depressed during your mission." I don’t know why…do I come off as a cheerful guy or something? The scripture or chapter I want to share is 2nd Nephi 4. I want you to read the whole chapter but verses 28-30 are the best ones.

28 Awake, my soul! No longer droop in sin. Rejoice, O my heart, and give place no more for the enemy of my soul.

29 Do not anger again because of mine enemies. Do not slacken my strength because of mine afflictions.

30 Rejoice, O my heart, and cry unto the Lord, and say: O Lord, I will praise thee forever; yea, my soul will rejoice in thee, my God, and the rock of my salvation.

To me it means there is no reason to be depressed! When we drop our heads and slack off in our duties it gives Satan room to work. But if we rejoice in Christ, and center our lives and our work on Him, the rock of of our salvation, we will be immovable.



I told M to read this chapter but I guess I accidentally said 1st Nephi and not 2nd Nephi so she was very confused! What kind of missionary…haha. We straightened that whole mess out though!

Anyways things are going well. It’s chilly here but I have some sweaters here so I’ll be good till probably December!! Oh, haha, I forgot to mention that Hendrix’s hair is hilarious!! Haha he should grow out his hair like that! 
Hendrix shares Bo's hair, just to try it out!
And I hope Helam is ready for Daddy time! He'll be great, just like Hema is. Tell Hevynn I miss her and I hope she feels better soon. And tell Harry good job on his talk. I taught him well. Haha.

Ofa Lahi Atu!
Elder Heimuli

No comments: