Indianapolis Indiana Temple

Indianapolis Indiana Temple
Indianapolis Indiana Temple

Monday, November 2, 2015

Week 19 - So This Week Was Rough

Hey family!!
Haha I saw the awesome costumes and just busted up!! Lil Nachooooo!! Hema and Norma and Hendrix are such a creative family!! I love it!!  


Oh and you and Harry look good lol. I can’t believe you were Pikachu!
I’m not surprised that Dad is now that grandpa who’s always giving $ to his grandkids.  Bahaha aww little Hendrix is just like Hevynn always getting money from Dad ;) haha And when Helam and Alyssa’s baby girl comes long, it will be the same with her. Yup, her, Hendrix and Hevynn, haha. Well tell Dad I love him! Oh haha so a guy in the other ward at the party said he knew Steve Kaufusi. I told him that Steve and my dad roomed together in college. Then he called Steve... and I talked with Steve. It just reminded me how much I miss Dad!
Speaking of Dad and football kinda sorta, Uncle Hema is Jonah’s coach huh? I wish I could be there to watch him play! I bet he is just tearing it up. I hope he appreciates having a dad who knows what he’s talking about. I know I do.

Weber lost to Eastern Washington by just one point? Darn... But Weber is doing a lot better so I’m happy that they are keeping up and having some success! That’s such a cool story about Alyssa meeting a family Helam knew on his mission. It goes to show the influence a missionary can have on families.
We went to our ward family Halloween parties and my costume was awesome (not).


So this week was rough. We had to drop all the baptismal dates. We had 5 now its 0. I want to make sure that they are progressing and coming to church. But they weren’t coming to church. so I had to tell them that if they aren’t willing to come to church, I can’t baptize them. Unlike other churches, baptism isn’t just for joining the congregation. It’s a sacred promise or covenant that should not be mocked. So until they are 100% willing to change and come to church then I can’t baptize them. It’s been pretty frustrating. Me and Ballif are still trying to figure out how to work together. But patience is what I need to exercise and I guarantee he’s doing the same. So this week the work was slow but it’s still going.

Transfers are tomorrow and I get to go for a District Leader Training. Elder Pau'u and I are the new DLs here in Columbus so we'll see how that goes. It’s crazy because now I actually have to think on my own and think for the district .... I don’t know sometimes.

Wow things are about to get hectic for you mom!! I’m happy to hear about Bruce. You’re right, he will be a great missionary. I know it. Hevynn’s getting married and you will finally have 3 kids who have been sealed in the temple! I hope everything goes well! And I will send out the little video for Hev:) It will be a good one I promise!!

Here’s my ponderizing scripture for the week. Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

It’s pretty cut and dry. We are not perfect, and we sure as heck don’t know everything. (Although as teens we thought we knew everything.) However God provides us with a way to gain knowledge, by studying scriptures, praying and following His commandments. I call it the Big 3 and I know that when we do these we gain knowledge in ways we didn’t think possible.


I know this week will be a very crazy week and you might not be able to enjoy your bday like you used too, but you’ll enjoy in a better and more fullfilling way!!! I wish I was home for all of the excitement with the new baby coming, your birthday, and the wedding, but I have responsibilities and people to help. I love you!

Ofa Lahi Atu

Elder Heimuli

No comments: