Indianapolis Indiana Temple

Indianapolis Indiana Temple
Indianapolis Indiana Temple

Monday, November 9, 2015

Week 20 - For Some Weird Reason

I am doing great! The best thing that happened huh? Well we have a family that came to church and is on baptismal date so that’s exciting. We love baptisms :) We are praying though that certain issues get resolved so keep praying because it helps so so so much! New investigators are pretty good too. We found 3 other families and currently are teaching them. 


The District is doing well! There’s a set of missionaries who have been struggling and this week they were able to reach the standard of excellance!! First time since about 4 months! Also me and Elder Ballif have been getting along really well now. I’ve been praying that we could somehow bond together and outta nowhere we have been.
Work sounds stressful. You have to balance your calling and Hevynn’s wedding and a new grand baby coming this week!!! I can’t wait to be an uncle again. Haha plus you have a very handsome missionary you write to every week so things can’t be easy for you. Know that I’m always praying for you! I didn’t know Bo was having surgery. I hope that he recovers! How are Faith and Dave? I was actually thinking about them the other day. Oh and I love the pics of Hendrix! haha I’m planning on making them one of my planner covers!

Oh so Helam is still tearing it up I see! Weber State is my number 1 team for now, so I’m always talking about WSU. In fact a ward member was asking why I talked about Weber State so much when they knew I was going to Stanford. I told them "My older brother is the Tight End there. He took the athleticism and height, but I got the good looks." For some weird reason they just laugh :(  Oh and I shot a letter to Coach Anderson.

Thank you for the Thermals mom!! And the money, dad, because I inherited a couple of bikes. But when I let one of the other companionships borrow it, it came back without a wheel or a seat. I kinda just sat there and wondered "Who the fetch would take only the seat and one tire?" I was more angry at the fact that they only took those than taking the whole bike. haha jk but yeah so now I’ll have to fix it. But tell dad thank you!! Tell him I love him so much and that people still won’t stop talking about him! Yeah it’s kinda annoying but whatcha gonna do?

So in my district there are about 6 missionaries. It’s a small district because we have a small zone. However it’s all good. It makes it a little easier on me haha! I’m still getting the hang of it and I should be polished and fine by the end of this transfer. Crazy thing is, I will have spent 6 months of my mission here in Columbus... haha I’ll probably be transferred out after this transfer. But the DL's here are me and Elder Pau'u. He’s from Santa Ana or OC area in California. He’s really cool and we always have jam sessions or we always be eating rice (which I should probably stop eating haha). But the work is still progressing and I am still working hard!


Oh and I sent the Card with all my pics and the videos sooo I have no pics to send currently... Sorry!

But before I go I’ll just share a scripture which is D&C 122:4

And although their influence shall cast thee into trouble, and into bars and walls, thou shalt be had in honor; and but for a small moment and thy voice shall be more terrible in the midst of thine enemies than the fierce lion, because of thy righteousness; and thy God shall stand by thee forever and ever.

Our afflictions and pains are just a small moment. Our trials and tribulations are for a split second. Then when we face those adversities head on, we gain strength from God. Our words, backed by the spirit, will literally shake people and nothing will stand against the power of God. So when people challenge your testimony or trials feel like they are too much to bear remember that it’s really only temporary. And we will come out even stronger in the end.

Love you mom and I hope things go great with the wedding and everyone at home!!

Oh and btw....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! You are what 21 now?;) haha mom just wanna say thank you for everything. You are the greatest and the #1 woman in my life! I hope that today is a wonderful Birthday and I’m sorry I didn’t record a happy bday message for ya :(  I made sure to get Hevynn’s done because she’d kill me if I didn’t. You? You love me no matter what. Harry better have made you breakfast or somethin’..... Anyways Happy Birthday and I love you!

Ofa Lahi Atu
Elder Heimuli

No comments: