Indianapolis Indiana Temple

Indianapolis Indiana Temple
Indianapolis Indiana Temple

Monday, October 19, 2015

Week 17 - Review the Covenants

Hi Mom!!!

Well you wanna know the best thing that happened this week huh? Well Elder Ballif and I are still working hard. This week we taught 45 lessons, have 4 people on date, and I've been working with 4 teenage non members who are super interested. So the work is picking up. However in order to stay on top of this work, WE have to work harder too!! Haha I've skipped lunch or dinner just so I can nap because I'm so exhausted. But I guess that's just how missionary work goes.


So this week we went on a campout!!! Haha yes I know I hated campouts in scouts but being able to do it again was nostalgic. The reason we went was because one of our investigators who was on date wanted to go but wouldn't go unless we went. So we asked president and he allowed
it. We were able to have some one on one time with him, and he started to read the Book of Mormon alot again. The camping trip was tons of fun!! But when Ballif and I got home we couldn't move. We were so tired and unfortunately didn't do much that day. So that's going to be our last camping trip.

THANK YOU for all of your prayers!!! M has found a job and is on track for baptism this week. She is excited and so are we :)

You have to be careful taking Harry to Frightmares because you're getting too old to do those things mom. It's good to hear Alyssa is doing well, I can't wait to see pics of that beautiful baby. I love seeing pics of Hendrix. That one of him eating baby Lakei's arm is hilarious. :) 
And on top of all that great stuff Weber beat North Dakota!!!! Whoohoo!! Weber better take a national championship. That means that 2 people in our family would have a ring haha! It's good to also hear Stanford is still doing good. Cool you got to meet Mason. He's a nice kid. I know I sound old when I say stuff like that. :) How's Mason doin? How are the Tate's? If you see them again please give them my love :)
Of course I'll send a video for Hevynn's wedding!! I'm so excited for them! I know things will get hectic but try to just enjoy it cuz it's all going to work out in the end. Just keep believing and having faith.

Elder Ballif is pretty cool. Of course it's weird adjusting to another companion after having Elder Freeman then Elder Briggs so he has some big shoes to fill. However like I said he doesn't lack in hard
work so we are always working and teaching.
Lua was baptized?! That's awesome!!!!! I'm happy for Beeba and her kids. You know baptism is the first gate to salvation. It's an important step in the right and ETERNAL direction. So I pray that they keep going to church and increase their knowledge about the Gospel because when we gain a better understanding of God's plan we appreciate baptism and ordinances so much more.
Here's a little scripture about baptism. Mosiah 18:10 Now I say unto you, if this be the desire of your hearts, what have you against being baptized in the name of the Lord, as a witness before him that ye have entered into a covenant with him, that ye will serve him and keep his commandments, that he may pour out his Spirit more abundantly upon you?
I love this question. Yeah, why shouldn't we want to be baptized? It's an If-Then statement. IF we keep His commandments and stay true to our covenants THEN He will pour out His blessings upon us. As a missionary I've realized most of my work is not actually about going around preaching and knocking doors. There are people who have been baptized but have forgotten that covenant. And when we forget to keep those covenants, God can't bless us. Too often here have I seen less active members who once had a testimony but now they have forgotten it and I think about how much better their lives could have been.
So as a challenge I want you guys to review the covenants you have made and see if you are following them. Are you keeping the sabbath day holy? Are you loving one another? Are you being honest with your fellow men? These are just a few of the commitments we promised to follow as followers of Christ. And if you are lacking in some areas, just pick 1 and work on it. If that's something like keeping the sabbath day holy then work on keeping it this week, and I promise you will see blessings.
Love you mom. I hope you are doing well!!
Ofa Lahi Atu
Elder Heimuli

No comments: