Indianapolis Indiana Temple

Indianapolis Indiana Temple
Indianapolis Indiana Temple

Monday, December 14, 2015

Week 25 - Are You Mormons?

Dearest Mother :)

Sounds like you got the Flu huh? You better take care of yourself mom. I'm always praying for you guys but that doesn't mean you can just run yourselves ragged ;) in fact my district all got the flu except me...for now. Because I'm the DL, I had to run around helping the other companionships with their areas, while trying to maintain mine....Let's just say that I was pretty run down this week. Then we went to the 1st ward Christmas party and I had to sing with the Elder Tyler who is a PHENOMENAL singer! But we got tons of food so it was good :)

A cool miracle happened this week. We were delivering cookies and we decided to hit some Less Actives in the area with cookies (not literally). But we got lost and couldn't find one house. Me and Ballif knocked on a door thinking it was the right house, but a crabby old lady came out and yelled at us. She said, "Are you Mormons?" and sneered at us. We just smiled and replied, "Yes and we were just looking for one of our members, do you know where he might live?" 



We told her his name and she knew of him. But she didn't know specifically where he lived but she said she would be willing to give him a message. We said thanks and were about to leave when I felt like I needed to give her the cookies. I turned around gave her the cookies and said "Merry Christmas." She broke down and told us how that was the nicest thing anyone's done for her this week. She told us her life story and told us she's even met with the missionaries before and, because of how nice all the missionaries were that she's met with before, she was willing to take the lessons again. And if she found out they were true, she said she would be baptized. 

Then after that miracle another one happened. We knocked on another LA door we felt prompted to knock that night. The LA opened the door and said, "Are you the missionaries sent here to teach my family?" We found out her family were all non members except for her. She wanted them to learn and be baptized and they are willing to be baptized too!!!! Me and Ballif prayed so hard and thanked God for the miracle we received. These people are that much closer to God and are on the path. Unfortunately, I won't be here to watch their progression.

I received the call from President. I'm training a new Greenie. We are being double transferred into a new area, and I'm still gonna be a DL. So I've got a lot on my plate for these next 2 transfers and I've got a lot to learn. However I know it will be okay, I just gotta rely on the Lord and things will be okay. Of course I don't know where exactly, who we are paired with, or where we are going until we go to transfers! So I'll keep you updated on that. This reminded me of Freeman when he was training me. So I called him and I told him. "Hey, your gonna be a grandpa!" haha we laughed and just reminisced. Oh and 10 of the 14 missionaries in this zone are leaving!!! Crazy, right? All the Polys are leaving, I think that's an indirect sign from President saying that there are too many Polys in this area lol!

YAY all these college grads and new families :) I miss all you guys so much! Congratulations to everyone! I can't wait to talk to yall but I first need to get direction from president on how we are doing that. I'll probably have an idea of what's happening next time!

This week we had stake conference and it was good:) They talked a lot about being not just members but people who can help preach the gospel like missionaries. You don't need a name tag to spread the gospel. 



In Alma 17:32-33 it reads

32 And it came to pass that they went in search of the flocks, and they did follow Ammon, and they rushed forth with much swiftness and did head the flocks of the king,and did gather them together again to the place of water.

33 And those men again stood to scatter their flocks; but Ammon said unto his brethren: Encircle the flocks roundabout that they flee not; and I go and contend with these men who do scatter our flocks.

Ammon wasn't the only one to gather the flocks. He involved everyone. A missionary can only do so much by himself, but if we all help we are able to help those who have lost their way. Then we fellowship them, keep them close, encircle them roundabout in our love and in God's love. So then they won't be scared away or stray. Take this "A Savior is Born" video for example. It's a useful tool for us missionaries to use to show people, but if members share this video and other gospel messages to people they also know, then think how fast this work would progress? We all have a part to do.

Anyways I pray for you guys always and I will do my best out here! Love you all and I know that Kiegan's blessing will go great! Send me some pics of all the beautiful families so I can make them into planner covers haha!

Ofa Lahi Atu

Elder Heimuli


Elder Heimuli says goodbye to friends in Columbus



No comments: