Indianapolis Indiana Temple

Indianapolis Indiana Temple
Indianapolis Indiana Temple

Saturday, August 20, 2016

Week 61 - God's Probably Trying to Tell Me Something

Hi Mom!

Wow, first off way to go dad for following that prompting. Hard to know if there would have been a family barbecue without it. And yeah I wish it was that one guy at the pool...that would have been kinda funny, lol jk jk! Haha but it's funny because Elder Wimmer and I were talking about promptings the other day. We have both been thinking about how we can be better and how we can be more effective as missionaries. We decided that we will listen to the Holy Ghost more. So that's what we have been doing, and it's been working out very well for us. Still no new investigators yet, still praying.

Hevynn had some really good helpers ;) haha, those babies are so flipping cute :) I can wait to see them! But it sounds like the family meeting went off without a hitch! That's good that dad reserved the place and the other family was able to share it. You never know but that dad was prompted to reserve it so the Allreds could also have their birthday party. If someone else had reserved it, they may not have shared it with them. 

Kincaides farewell, YW activities, taking care of family...sounds like things are getting pretty hectic over there, too! But it will all be good. Things will always fall into place if you're doing the right things:)

Last week was MLC, and this week we had 3 different zone conferences! Wooh, it was like bam! bam! bam! all in a row. 




Zone Conferences are always stressful because Elder Wimmer and I always give training. We trained on Planning and Goals. We always throw a little twist into our training so it's not just some boring sit-there-and-listen thing. For this one, we did a Role Play in which Elder Wimmer and I were planning a musical number for the upcoming zone conference. We pretended we were planning one but just kept putting it off 'til the last second. 


During the role play we called out 2 random missionaries and had them come up. We gave them each a uke and ask them to accompany us. Of course with no goals or planning, all of us ended up doing different songs. We told the missionaries that it all would've sounded good IF we had just put aside some time and planned!!!! The training went over really well. In fact I learned something very valuable while doing this training:  everyone has ambitions or dreams, and the only way you're going to achieve them is by planning and setting goals :) It's a principle that I'm still learning. 

After the Zone Conferences this week we dropped off Elder Naiire and Elder Thayne at the Airport. Again, two more fantastic elders went home. This transfer we had a bunch a great elders and sisters leave. 

Saying goodbye to more great elders. My former comp in Niles, Elder McCloud is on the far left.

Today we have planned to go on exchanges to Terre Haute, so we are emailing then we are hitting the streets here in Indiana! Time just flew by this week. I thought it was Tuesday when I woke up haha. 

The most interesting thing that happened this week was probably the Recent Convert meeting. Elder Dudley (of the Seventy) came and spoke to all the recent converts in a meeting. 

This guy is Jordan Baker. He is an awesome recent convert. 
The two Elders I'm with are Elders Bigelow and Elder Smith. Smith is also a recent convert who has an amazing testimony of the gospel!
He talked about the temple, the significance of it, and the role it should play in our lives. Probably the most fun (and scariest) thing was Elder Wimmer and I had to play a duet on the piano haha! It's funny because we learned it in one day. And you already know I don't play the piano, but we stepped out of my comfort zone and it went over well. After doing that it was just great to hear from Elder Dudley.

Talking about temples, it seems like we can never get enough of it. We actually just had 2 lessons on temples with some members, and when Elder Dudley started talking about it I realized God's probably trying to tell me something. Temples are so important. 

Attending the temple with the departing missionaries
I've had 7 opportunities to go to the temple these last couple of weeks, a couple of spiritual lessons on the temple, and I've even had some studies which gravitated towards temples all on their own. Some might say coincidence but it makes perfect sense. When we were baptized we understand that it is not the end. We still need to strive to go to the temple. And when we receive those gifts and blessings (why do we think they're called ENDOWMENTS), we must continue to keep those covenants sacred and strive to honor them. I don't know why, but I feel I need to honor my covenants more. I'm sure we all do. It's one reason I'm glad Hevynn works in the temple, and the rest of our family need to go. Sure it helps others but I'm really sure it helps ourselves the most. I hope that as I keep attending the temple I'll come to understand what else I need to do to improve.

Anyways things have just been plugging away here. We haven't had much chance at all to work in our area this week!!!! It's kind of frustrating, it's a weird balance we are trying to maintain. Life is just like one giant balancing act! 

I don't see Brad much because he is all the way up north. However, I still keep in touch with him. 

Anyways that's how my week went :) I'm doing great and I am so grateful for your prayers, your love, and your support!!

Ofa Lahi Atu,

Elder Heimuli

No comments: