Indianapolis Indiana Temple

Indianapolis Indiana Temple
Indianapolis Indiana Temple

Saturday, August 27, 2016

Week 62 - Our Own Tornadoes

Hi Mom!

Haha, wow things are crazier for you than here! It's interesting how each of us have our own tornadoes to deal with (lol). I also was able to see Helam's injury, haha! Yup, it wouldn't be a normal football season without Helam getting something broken or pinched. He's a lot tougher than me! I can't imagine always having to play with an injury but still being that good. I guess that's his tornado. You know what though? That just means you get to spend more time with baby Kiegan :) She's adorable!

And so is Hendrix! Haha, so he's a carry on item now huh? That pic of him was so cute! He seems like such a happy boy. I can't even say "baby" anymore cuz he just looks like a little boy. Where are they headed off to? Either way I hope they make it safe and enjoy the trip :) I miss Hema's fun little family a lot!

When is that house going to be finished? Man, are they building a mansion or what? Haha that's probably Hevynn and Bo's tornado right now but again, it's great that you get to spend time with the Bolens! Love them! Tell them all hi from me when you get the chance :)

Harry's starting 6th grade already!? Holy crap!!! I swear he is just growing up way too fast. At least I'll get to catch the end of his 6th grade year! How'd his first two games go today? Man, I loved helping coach his team. I hope he does well and his feet don't bother him too much! His poor feet are a big tornado that's probably not going to go away anytime soon.

Speaking of big tornadoes, how's Aunty Lani feeling? Please give her my love, and tell her that she's still my favorite ;) 

Amongst all these crazy things swirling around you I hope that you are doing okay too mom. I know you love to serve others and help everyone out but please, you and dad need to wind down at least a little bit when you can. 

Anyways, yes there were 8 tornadoes here in Indiana!! Haha, so you can imagine the chaos that ensued. But it was funny, we were having a zone conference when in the middle of Elder Wimmer and my turn giving training, the tornado sirens went off!!! Everyone had to evacuate to the bathrooms in the building. 

Sometimes zone conferences are so far away that we have to stay in a hotel. Since Wimmer and I have moms who always ask for pics, here you go mom :)
So we all went into the bathrooms and naturally the Elders starting singing :) We sang all these hymns and fun primary songs while the sirens and warnings were going off. It was cool because you know music has a special way of bringing in the spirit. I could feel it as we sang our hearts out. I couldn't help but remember a scripture in Helaman (5:12) that seemed to be speaking to us:

"And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind...it shall have no power over you to drag you down...because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fail."

What a fun experience, then after everything died down we finished our training. The training, which should have only taken an hour, took about 3 hours because of the tornado sirens! Luckily it didn't come through Fishers, but it did show up 10 miles south and about 15 miles east of us. So we were sandwiched between 2 of them.  

Tornadoes did damage in central Indiana, but missed Fishers. All missionaries were safe.
I really wished it would've come through cuz I really wanted to see one. But honestly I was glad all our missionaries were safe. I told a couple of the sisters that I prayed for a tornado....they laughed. Then I saw them praying, probably to make sure the tornado didn't come this way, haha! Guess we know who has more pull with the big guy! Darn!

Other than that we have just been gearing up for transfers. Today is transfer call day, so we are making calls and getting people ready for Tuesday which is the day we make the transfer switches. 

Doesn't matter where we're at, we are always planning.
So the next few days until about Wednesday are packed and full of just running around and making sure missionaries are all in the right places, haha!

As for proselyting, we haven't had the chance to work on IUPUI because of all the zone conferences. We have been visiting members and RC's but we still haven't found a progressing investigator yet. It is hard sometimes because we are so busy doing all the other things to ensure all our missionaries are successful. I'm still praying and hoping! 

President and Sister Carlson are fantastic, the missionaries are great, and my companion is great too! Things are busy and hard sometimes but I am loving the mission!!!

I'm loving the mission :)

Anyways I have to run but I hope everything at home is going well! Love ya mom!

Ofa Lahi Atu,

Elder Heimuli

No comments: