Indianapolis Indiana Temple

Indianapolis Indiana Temple
Indianapolis Indiana Temple

Saturday, December 17, 2016

Very Special Letter

We received this email Friday morning :)

Dear Brother and Sister Heimuli,

I thought you might like to know that I'm being baptized tonight at 6 pm. Your son will be doing the baptizing. I don't know that there is anything more important than raising our children. You've done a magnificent job with yours. Because of you raising your son as you did I am reaping eternal benefits. It's not that I didn't know its truth or that I was upset with anyone. I was just in a 12 year rut. It took my sons going on their missions to meet your son and then to me. It was the right people at the right time with the right message.

Three weeks ago I had an acute pancreatitis infection. It lasted 2 weeks right up to my foot surgery, in and out of the hospital. I gotta tell you I have a high pain tolerance but if that ever happens again I'm going straight to the hospital where I will stay until it's over. It would take a direct threat to my children to make me go thru that again!! Had foot surgery last Thursday then had to work last Friday Saturday and Monday to finish our last project of the year. Wednesday it snowed so we were plowing. It was difficult on a broken foot but the Lord blessed me and I made it thru. 

Now here I am the day of my baptism and I have to say physically I feel good. It's almost like Satan threw me a bunch of obstacles and I made it! I passed the test and now, the reward. Thank you again for your son. I hope you don't mind but he and Wimmer are my boys now. I love him as much as the five boys I already have. We will all be connected now for eternity.

Hugs to you all!!

Gus

No comments: