Indianapolis Indiana Temple

Indianapolis Indiana Temple
Indianapolis Indiana Temple

Sunday, February 12, 2017

Week 86 - Redmond and Breck

Hi mom :)

So things sound like they are going to be switched up before I get back haha! It's gonna be sad not having Helam and Alyssa too close anymore but hey Pocatello is not too far :) Hema is working on an app? Haha he always was the smart one. Honestly, Hema just always wants to learn as much as he can about everything, which is going to get him far in the future. I'll explain what I learned about that in a bit :)

So I'm not going to do a day-by-day email because I actually need to run right now, and all we had every day this week were zone conferences and transfer planning (Redmond and I still have to finish transfers today.) But I do want to recap with 2 huge things I learned from people this week.

1) Elder Redmond. Being his companion has been one of the greatest experiences of my entire mission. He and Elder Wimmer both helped me grow and have become 2 examples of how an assistant should be and how a missionary should be. Redmond taught me a lot about Faith. Oh my goodness, mom! When you get to meet him you'll know exactly what I mean. He is so committed to this gospel, and when you say someone has faith to move mountains, you're talking about my comp -- he does. I have been working on that a lot these past couple of transfers. Miracles come when faith is applied. Faith can close the gap much quicker than just knowledge alone. However, with true faith comes true obedience and true diligence. What do I mean by true? Well, there are purposes behind the rules and things we do as missionaries. If you can see that and be obedient to the principle and not just the rule, you will see more blessings. It's weird to explain but it makes sense to me. As a result I've seen so many miracles and I am looking forward to seeing more. I'm thankful for Elder Redmond and his example to me. He is full of faith, full of fun, he is a great friend, and an even greater missionary! He is definitely going to be missed.


2) Elder Breck. One of the office couples, he is an AWESOME person. We had dinner with him and his wife the other night and we talked about what it means to be successful and what it means to be valuable. Elder Breck has been VERY successful in his line of work and Redmond and I asked him how he got that way? What kind of schooling did it take? He explained to us it was not schooling but effort. What made him different from other workers was that he didn't stop after he did his part or his job. He decided he would learn aspects of everyone's jobs, thus becoming multi faceted in his line of work. His goal was to finish his work as quickly and efficiently as he could so he could start doing other people's jobs and learn how to do them. As a result, companies noticed this and wanted to hire him. He had the opportunity to work for so many companies and the only degree he started out with was a bachelor's in accounting. It kind of reminded me of Hema who's like Dad, they possess this trait that they want to absorb knowledge all around them. I know that's why those 2 are such Handy Guys!!!!! They learn and keep progressing. I'm guilty of being one of those people who just do their job and think it's over and I don't really try to learn much more. After talking to Elder Breck it hit me that if I want to be successful in life and in my missionary work I need to apply that principle!!!

Anyways those were just 2 HUGE lessons I learned and reflected on this week :) I'm so grateful to be where I am right now with the people God has placed around me. They are helping me to be a better missionary and a better person just by their examples.


Sorry for the short letter mom, i promise next week's will be longer ;)

Oh and I am fine with all those dates! I am excited for it!

Love you all so much! Ofa Lahi Atu!

Elder Heimuli

No comments: