Indianapolis Indiana Temple

Indianapolis Indiana Temple
Indianapolis Indiana Temple

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Week 1 - "Preach My Gospel" Covered My Butt




Hey FAMILI!!!

Haha sorry i havent been able to write its super crazy here. I never realized how much time i wouldnt have but its because its not my time, its the Lords time now. P Day is today so thats why i havent been able to write at all but ill make sure to write all you guys your own letters! (Can i get the bolens address?) But thank you so much for all the packages, i really do appreciate all the love (and food) you've been sending me! Mom i didnt receive that package yet from your friends but tell them thank you from me and that i am touched that theyd send me stuff too! Btw i cant send photos on these computers yet because the ones im using dont even have a port for it but i will get you all the photos i have taken here when i can :)

The MTC is great. When i first got in i met many people and got to know my companion Elder (William) Taylor. Hes from Highland and went to American Fork and threw shot put for them, so hes willing to excercise with me haha. Hes very spiritual and hes a hard worker so im pretty lucky to have him as my companion. On that first day we met the other Elders in our dorm, Elder Walton and Elder Medlyn (we are all going to indiana). Elder Walton is from Cedar City and Elder Medlyn is from Lehi. They are hilarious and also spiritual so the dorm rooms are never lacking in entertaiment. After we got situated and settled in we went on to meet our district. Theres about 12 of us and they are all fantastic. Our district has grown very close to each other and i really do think that the gospel brings people closer together. FUnny thing though was that just about 3-4 days ago (I cant remember because all the days seem to blend together) I was walking up the stairs when i heard a rip. I didnt know what it was so i just walked into class with my cpmpanion. As i was talking to Elder Taylor, Elder Walton looks at me and just says straight out "Hey you ripped your pants." And sure enough there it was, the rip the size of the Grand Canyon. Our apartment is an eternity away from the classroom so i knew i had to get going as soon as i can if i wanted to make it back to class on time. But like i said my companion is awesome and covered my butt with his Preach My Gospel as we hurried to the dorms. I could imagine all the elders looking at us and just thinking, "Wow, those Elders are REALLY close." But thankfully i changed pants haha, good thing ive been working out and eating helathy because i dont want that to happen again.

But aside from all the jokes and friendship ive experienced its the spirit that ive felt the most. Now i know why Hema, Helam, Hevynn, and Bo have all told me that this would be hard but the best eperience ill ever have. Its true!! Ive never prayed or studied so much in my life, and im so thankful for that. But something really cool happened just a couple days ago. Im district leader so i had a little meeting with the Zone Leaders and we were just discussing about our district (They're in the same district as me). We were concerned about an Elder J because he seemed to be struggling, so we decided to try our best to just love him and pray for him. The next day we were studying in class when one of the teachers Brother Hansen pulled Elder J out of class. We didnt know what was going on but we continued to study. Then Elder J came back in with tears in his eyes. He sat down, turned to one of the ZL's Elder Child and started to hug him. Elder J is a really funny goofy kid, but he hugged Elder Child and started crying again. He then kept saying, "I love you Elders, I love you guys, I love this district." We all sat there and just looked to see what was going on. Elder j then stood up and told the class in the most powerful voice, "I KNOW GOD LOVES ME, he sent brother hansen to me, he sent me an angel." Then everyone stopped studying and we all just listened. Then he said, "I came out believing theres a god, i believed he loved me, i believed but i didnt know. But i know now that god loves me, i know that hes watching over us. I know now. I know now. Im so happy to be here and to serve, and i love everyone here and i just know that i can share gods love with everyone else! I KNOW GOD LIVES AND LOVES US." Mom the spirit in that room was amazing, ive never heard such a strong testimony but i also got a confirmation on Gods Love. God knew Elder J needed help and love, god prompted us to pray for him. God Lives and God Loves. I know now. My testimony is leaps and bounds ahead of  what it used to be just a week ago. 

Hevynn, i love you and im so sad ill miss the wedding but i love you so much and i am so blessed to have a sister like you! Bo i will kill you if you dont care for my sister, spiritually and physically. But thank you for being yet another brother that i can look up to. Hema and Norma i cant wait till i see pictures of Houston Jr !!!! I know he'll be a beautiful baby because of you Norma (Not Hema, i'll pray for you norma so its not like hema ;) ) I love you two and i wish you the best with your new family! Helam and Alyssa thank you for that HILARIOUS picture of you guys at the lake. I showed all my dorm mates and we just died. I hope you two and the baby are doing great and i love you two! Harry, keep being you. I really do miss you bud and i cant wait to see how much you grow! love you buddy. Mom and Dad i cant express how much i love you. thank you so much for having such a handsome and athletic child (and humble). I know this church is true, and i know this is the true gospel.

Love you Guys!!!!!

Elder Heimuli

No comments: