Indianapolis Indiana Temple

Indianapolis Indiana Temple
Indianapolis Indiana Temple

Monday, August 3, 2015

An Unrecognized Number

We just received a text from an unrecognized number:

Here is a picture of your son with an arm pad from the 1984 National Championship team, which you gave to me as a boy. Just taken today. Hope you have a nice day!  Tim Guenther


***

We replied:

Thank you so much Bro Guenther! That is an OLD pad. Lol. Please give Elder Heimuli our love.

***

Bro. Guenther replied:

I let him read your message. He smiled and I hugged him for you. He is a fine young man! I'd like to share with you the story behind the hand pad...I was about 11-12 years old. BYU football was everything to me. I went to many games and practices and I'd hang around hoping for a wave or something from a player. Usually they ran right past us. One day when I was at the Smith Fieldhouse, #35 noticed me, stopped and took off your arm pad. You even signed it for me. I never washed it and it was a prized possession for many years. 


When I spoke with Houston, I felt I should give it to him as it was special to me from his dad. Sorry for the long text, but please know that it was an awesome gift to me, and I still love you for doing that.

No comments: