Indianapolis Indiana Temple

Indianapolis Indiana Temple
Indianapolis Indiana Temple

Monday, August 17, 2015

Week 8 - Speaking of Blessings

Aww Hendrix is still looking super cute :) Thanks for sending all those pics of him. He's changed so much already. 

Mom don't over do it. You guys aren't quite as young as you think ;) your mind and soul may be 20 but your body is not quite as young haha! But that's awesome to hear Bruce is going to Hamilton NZ Tongan-speaking!!! Lucky guy haha he'll be over there with Brady! 
So hardly anyone came to help? Well that's the story of a Heimuli's life haha!! Over here me and Freeman have been in so many service opportunites where not even any of the Elder Quorum showed up and it's just us! Haha.

Glad to know Grams and Gramps finally got their home built. I would have loved to have been there to help lay sod. Give them my love please.
Hevynn told me she went to Marshalls farewell! That's awesome, he was a stellar guy before the mish and I bet he's even more stellar after coming home. That's one of my goals :) 
How's Dad doing? How's Harry? Just wanna check up on those two haha!
So the temple dedication is in two weeks and I am so excited! The temple open house was a success. They projected 75000 to come through the open house, and over 92000 came! They said that over 60% were non members, so the work is going strong here. In fact me and Freeman had a solid week. Over 28 lessons, 4 new progressing investigators and 1 on date for baptism. 
Last week me and Freeman were just out teaching. We've been trying to be a bit more obedient and spiritual because every day we should always be trying to improve. Well after a long day of tracting we get a text. A girl asked if she could be taught. We looked at each other and we were shocked. Because let me tell ya, no one here really likes missionaries so it was so exciting to have someone reach out to us. We taught her and she said she would be willing to be baptized!! So we set her date for September 19th and we are just praying she pulls through! But blessings are promised to those who obey and follow the spirit.
Speaking of blessings, here is a funny story of obedience and honesty. I've noticed that I've spent lots of money on razors because we shave everyday. I told Freeman I needed to go and get an electric razor so I don't have to keep spending money on the small kine razors. We went to TJ Maxx and saw a good electric razor for $50. I asked Freeman if he thought I should get this one and he said we could find a cheaper one at WalMart. So we went to WalMart where I saw this really nice Razor/HairCutter for $32. It's a Wahl brand so it was nice and I was glad I listened to Freeman because it saved me $18! I decided to get this one, so I went to the register, and it rang up for $1! I was surprised and so was Freeman. We went to the customer service area and told them that the register was giving us the wrong price. They checked and it still kept ringing up for $1. They called the manager and he tried to figure it out, too. Finally he said, "Well they were honest. They can have it for a dollar." So I got a brand new Wahl Razor/HairCutter for $1!! Haha me and Freeman flipped out in the car. Honesty really is the best policy!!!! lol 
But the best part was seeing Brad! :) I was waiting for him at the chapel for transfers and I thought I could surprise him. Suddenly I'm lifted completely off oft feet by someone hugging me and it was him! We just laughed and it was almost like being back in high school only much better!! Haha sadly he is in a different area than me, but I had already written to President telling him about Brad and the kind of man he is. He told me right at transfers that we will be companions :) so I'm looking foward to that.
So the scripture I want to share is Alma 32:13 - "And now, because ye are compelled to be humble blessed are ye; for a man sometimes, if he is compelled to be humble, seeketh repentance; and now surely, whosoever repenteth shall find mercy; and he that findeth mercy and endureth to the end the same shall be saved."
This scripture pretty much outlines how we can be saved. First, we must learn humility, and in humility we seek Christ. In seeking Christ we build Faith, and through Faith in Christ we want to change or repent. To follow Christ and be saved we must be baptized, and after baptism we receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. Then we must strive to keep the commandments. After all that, we must endure, endure and endure. In doing this, we can receive eternal salvation. I testify that this is true. 
Love you and I hope things are going well :)
Ofa Lahi Atu
Elder Heimuli

No comments: