Indianapolis Indiana Temple

Indianapolis Indiana Temple
Indianapolis Indiana Temple

Monday, August 10, 2015

Week 7 - Follow the Plan

Hey mom, I know you're probably recuperating right now but I just wanted to tell you I love you. This week nothing new really happened. We found some investigators, then they dropped us. Haha but it's not bad because me and Freeman just keep working our bums off :)  We have been trying our hardest to be more obedient and more spiritual and I can really see the blessings coming from that! One of the best things was a fireside we went to and we saw other missionaries there. Always good to see the others working hard. 
Left: Elder Freeman (Houston's trainer) and Elder Heimuli at a fireside with other IIM missionaries.
Bro Hurley wanted a pic with the Polys. Elder Latu is hiding in back. Next to me is Elder Pau'u. Sister Tua is behind me standing next to Elder Moli. Elder Cocker is on the far left.
I wanted to share one of my favorite scriptures this week.

Ether 12:4 Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God. 
The word Hope is kinda hard to define sometimes. But I've learned that Hope is what comes after having the Faith to do something. We believe in Christ, therefore we keep His commandments and follow Him HOPING to be like Him. That Hope is what's gonna get us through these rocky and often hard times. 

Me and Hema just talked about the Plan of Salvation and how blessed we are to have that. He talked about how his perspective has deepened since becoming a husband to Norma and especially a father to little Hendrix. But he told me that his perspective really started changing on his mission. He told me that right now is the best time to make good and lasting changes for what I want to be for my future family. 

At the same time Hevynn told me to not let a moment pass by while I'm out here and not to think about home too much but to be present in what the Lord is putting in front of me now so I don't miss a thing. 

I'm so blessed to have the family I have and their examples. I know Helam and Alyssa are busy with school and football and moving but I'm so blessed by their examples too. I know it is all part of the plan God has for me to become the best me I can be. 

The faith I have in His plan for me is what gets me through some of these difficult trials. Because I have HOPE that as long as I follow the plan I can return to God and have Him be pleased with what I've done. I testify of this and I know that through our faith we can come to a better hope, a hope that'll fasten us to the rock that is our Redeemer. 

Love you mom. I know the Lord is watching out for you and dad and Harry. Keep looking for the blessings God's given us and you'll be surprised how blessed you really are. Hope you feel better soon. 
Sincerely, 
Elder The-Favorite-Son

No comments: