Indianapolis Indiana Temple

Indianapolis Indiana Temple
Indianapolis Indiana Temple

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Week 30 - We Will Be Blessed

Sorry for the late reply! So yesterday was Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, so we couldn’t email :(  I knew you would be sad, but better late than never. right?

Well I haven’t got the packages yet, but I know they will come and THANK YOU SO MUCH for all the packages and stuff you guys send me. It means a lot. In fact I bought a really warm jacket and hat for tracting. It makes it sooooo much easier when I’m not freezing to death!! So please make sure to tell dad thank you a lot from me :)

Coach Anderson wrote me this week and I was able to talk with him! I hope that this trend keeps going toward recruiting more Poly players. I know they know there’s a lot more than just BYU and Utah :)  Coach Anderson is an amazing coach and I am still very grateful for the opportunity he gave me.

You stayed up sooo late working on that talk!!! Man, I bet it was a great talk though no doubt about it. I’m glad you told me about meeting all those people in that ward. I bet you’re a proud mom. It’s also so great that people remember Hema and respect him. Same with Helam and Hevynn! I can say that I am truly blessed to have had such great examples in my life. In my older brothers and sister it’s almost like I had a map showing me exactly what to do and even sometimes what not to do. When you have such strong, respectable, lovable, and just all around great family members it makes it easy to live right. I hope I can be just like them for Harrison and the babies.

Wow Sunday was as crazy for you as it is for us!!! Running around at all those different meetings and still finding time to see the family at the family meeting! You’re amazing mom, and I know you always do it all out of love. Love for our family, love for your young women, and mostly love of God. :) It’s also good to hear of all the upcoming babies!!!! Tell Tini boy and Ben them all congrats from me. I will be waiting for pics of all the babies I’m missing out on, haha. I hope the video I sent cheered people up, because it was a blast for me haha. It’s kind of hard to dance out here when you don’t have the time but I still got it, lol!


This week has again been miracle-filled. Ellsworth and I were dropped by one of our baptismal dates. She said she wasn’t ready and that she will come back on her own time. We were sad. We tried so hard. We really believed that obedience and diligence would bring something, it just was not what we were expecting.

So we were just dropped, and we were just starting our studies, when we got a phone call. It was from our bishop. He said, "Elders, I have someone for you to teach."

It was a part-member family. In a crazy twist of events, she was never baptized and confirmed. so we went right over there and taught her. She is now on baptismal date for Feb 6th. It truly was a miracle.


Unfortunately, it’s really cold here and people don’t like to open their doors or stand around and talk. Some are struggling with commitments so if you could pray for them, that they may keep the commitments, that would be great! 

But if we are diligent and obedient we KNOW we will be blessed. We can always apply that exactly to our lives as well. If we are obedient to God’s commandments, we will be blessed. From loving one another, to going to church, to praying and crying unto the Lord, or even having our thoughts directed towards Christ WE WILL BE BLESSED. There’s really nothing more that I want for the people we find and serve, and the missionaries I support, and especially my family. I think most times those blessings are simply that we keep our thoughts pure, which keeps our actions in line with God’s will, and make our families (parents, wives, children, etc.) more like heaven on earth. I’ve seen it, and I know you will see it when you follow the commandments of God and the counsel of His servants. 

I love you mom. I love and miss everyone at home.

God Bless You All   

Ofa Lahi Atu:)

Sincerely, Elder Heimuli

No comments: