Indianapolis Indiana Temple

Indianapolis Indiana Temple
Indianapolis Indiana Temple

Monday, March 21, 2016

Week 39 - Keep Calm and Don't Worry

Hey Mom!!

Elder McCloud & Elder Heimuli in the truck
Wow babies galore haha!! Well that’s great it’s good to hear that I’ll have more little Heimulis to come see when I get back haha!!! How’s Faith? I hope that she is feeling better! I am still praying for her health and Lani's. How is Aunty Lani? 

The new Provo Temple is just stunning! I mean all temples are beautiful but this one is really cool haha! Harrison has been to alot of open houses!! Keep it up because any chance to go to the temple is great. Speaking of temples how’s everyone’s temple attendance? haha I know you said you just went on Saturday and I know I’m sounding nosey but from the people we work with and the families we've seen whose parents are members I realize how much stronger their relationship could be if they would only go to the temple. The temple helps maintain our families’ relationships. So I just invite everyone at home and whoever reads this to PLEASE go to the temple. I wish I would’ve gone more often before I came out here.

Still busy with all of your YW leadership stuff huh? It sounds like you are doing some great work mom, and I love hearing about that!! And you still find the time to write to me every single week and I am very grateful :) 

How was Uncle Ricky’s wedding? Too bad you had to leave early but how did Dad and Harry enjoy Hawaii? And yeah so the Moala’s father’s name is Pule Moala. However, his son Inoke knows Bruce! Haha so yeah I bet this is the same family that Maryann’s dad converted. It was fun to talk with Inoke about Bruce haha! I miss that guy. How are the Tukuafu's? How’s Norris? I miss that kid too. 

"Welcome to SB (South Bend)" sign
Me? I’m doing great thanks for asking :) This week was good. Unfortunately our investigator who was on date didn’t show up to one of the lessons so we have to push his baptism out until after conference weekend. :( However he still came to church and is progressing really well! Two more investigators came to church and it was awesome. I also had to give a talk last minute because a sister didn’t show up haha, but it went well. This week one of the miracles McCloud and I saw happened while we were driving to an appointment one day. We got a text from another investigator. He said he needed to talk to us ASAP... We were freaked out thinking, "Oh no. What happened?" Well we met him at a resturant and he bought us dinner. Then he said, "Well I just wanted to tell you that I’m getting married. And you two are invited..." haha!!! We were so relieved. He had a long complicated past. But now he is getting married to a member and he has started to express his interest in baptism. We are stoked!!!! 

Enjoying life in the Niles Michigan Zone
Elder McCloud is awesome. I enjoy being his companion and he knows alot. He has been a zone leader for almost 9 months now so he knows how to do things. We were in a Stake Mission Correlation Meeting and the President warned us that the council wasn’t very nice towards the missionaries. He told us to be prepared. Me, being a greenie ZL, I was totally freaked out and I was fumbling through all my papers and stuff. Then McCloud just looked at me and said, "Calm down and don’t worry. I’ll walk you through it." And he did. I think he did for me exactly what Christ does for each one of us. D&C 19:16 reminds us why:

16 For behold I, God, have suffered these things for all, that they might not suffer if they would repent.

Because He suffered for our sins, pains, sorrows, everything, He is in fact the only one who knows EXACTLY how to walk us through the trials and tribulations of our individual lives. So we should try and remember to "keep calm and don’t worry." He will walk us through it. All we have to do is repent. Anyway, the meeting went well and the stake presidency was satisfied. Grateful to be surrounded by such great missionaries!!

With Elder Taka

Anyways thanks for everything mom :) Love you!! 

Ofa Lahi Atu!!


Elder Heimuli

No comments: