Indianapolis Indiana Temple

Indianapolis Indiana Temple
Indianapolis Indiana Temple

Monday, March 7, 2016

Week 37 - Work Work Work

Dear Mom,
We had a combined District meeting and it was college-themed -- our last meeting as a district.
So reading about what’s been happening I’ve thought to myself, "Man, this would be detrimental IF we didn’t know about the Plan of Salvation."

I am so grateful for this plan and the way that God has paved for us so we can return to Him. Not only has God given us a way, but He has provided the answers to all our questions and concerns through this plan and the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We have the beautiful assurance that we WILL be together forever if we choose to follow God’s commandments. In following God’s commandments we are also blessed, we are so blessed LITERALLY, and for the most part I think we understand that.

But then how are we going to get over the various physical trials of mortality? It won’t be easy, but since when was the crucifixion easy? Since when was the suffering in the Garden of Gethsemane easy? Never was it easy for Christ. In Alma 7:11-13 it talks about the reason why Christ suffered so.

11 And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people.

12 And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities.

13 Now the Spirit knoweth all things; nevertheless the Son of God suffereth according to the flesh that he might take upon him the sins of his people, that he might blot out their transgressions according to the power of his deliverance; and now behold, this is the testimony which is in me.

I know Christ will be there for us in the midst of our afflictions, for He has already suffered them. I pray we always remember and keep in mind the glorious Plan of Salvation and always remember that the center of it is Christ’s Atonement. I invite everyone to read this scripture. I know I’ve probably already shared it before but it’s such an awesome scripture that I have to share it again. Again I will be praying for Aunty Lani, Laukau, Faith, and the Tuipolotu family. I love them all and I know God does as well.

Yay you got to finally go back to WX 17th ward haha! Did you have to introduce yourself? How is everyone? Tell Harry congrats on getting his recommend!!! I bet the Provo temple is beautiful! 

So as for this transfer, we finished on a pretty good note. No, our investigator didn’t come to church but I know he will come next week. Elder Ellsworth will be staying in White River with an Elder G Wright. 

Leaving the big city of Indianapolis -- last stop Lucas Oil Stadium, home of the Indianapolis Colts
I've been assigned to be a Zone Leader in Niles, Michigan, with an Elder McCloud. I was hoping President would let me be with Freeman haha, dang. Also I was kind of mad because I just paid a lot of money to fix my bike and now I won’t use it because I’ll have a full time car, ok so maybe I’m not that mad :/  But if President would’ve told me just a few days ago I wouldn’t have had to spend that money haha! 

A sister in our ward threw us a bonfire for our last night.
Our district is awesome and I’m really going to miss them a lot!! 

One of my favorite missionaries, Elder Huntington, from West Jordan! I love this guy. I'll miss him.
But it’s all part of being a missionary right? 

Last week we decided to tour Lucas Oil Stadium because we knew half the zone was leaving. It was such a blast!!!  I got to see my first NFL stadium ever!!! While we were there I was able to take some pretty cool pictures that I’ll send to you. 

Me in front of Frank Gore's locker!!!

I don't know why I started flexing again just because I stepped foot on a football field haha! Trying to pretend I'm still in shape (not).
Also this week Ellsworth and I were able to find a couple of new progressing investigators. I hope they keep progressing here in White River!!!

Thanks so much for sending all the pics of the family and especially the babies. I watched that video of Kiegan rolling haha! And Hendrix is just so happy and handsome. Speaking of babies, I finally made a planner cover of the babies, and everyone loves it. I love it most of all and they are growing so fast, holy crap! Time does fly fast, especially in football, too. I can’t believe it’s Helam’s senior year, last spring ball, he should tear it up this year, then go NFL! I know he can, just needs to work work work. He's no stranger to that. And what? Norms made pork hash! How did she know how to make that? See, if she never married Hema she would’ve never known what pork hash was, so now that she does, please tell her to send me some haha. I miss playing 5 Crowns with the family. Good job mom in winning, it’s all because I wasn’t there to beat everyone ;) haha. 

But to sum it all up I am so excited to see what Niles and my new zone holds. Hopefully God will guide me and help me grow into this new role. Love you guys soooo much and I will see y’all again!

Ofa Lahi Atu

Elder Heimuli

No comments: