Indianapolis Indiana Temple

Indianapolis Indiana Temple
Indianapolis Indiana Temple

Saturday, May 28, 2016

Week 49 - Training All Over Again

Hey Mom!!!

Well this week was fantastic! We had more zone conferences. We love these times when we get to meet with all the missionaries!

Elder Wimmer, Heimuli and Clark
I got to see Elder Freeman. In fact Elder Freeman and I got to go on splits together on campus :) 

Elder Heimuli, back with his trainer Elder Freeman again.
Great to be on splits with Freeman. Love this guy!

On campus at Indiana University

Interesting characters
Needless to say we had fun and worked hard! I think having a campus in your zone is pretty awesome and not your average zone. It's funny, I'm not used to talking to people my age as a missionary so I was pretty clueless about what was happening. I learned a lot being out there with my "dad"...I felt like I was in training all over again haha! 

Funny miracle though. So we finished talking to a lady and I decided to get all of her info on my phone. After we finished talking to her we went to a bus stop to talk to some more people. I put my phone on the bench for Freeman to copy down the info. He slid the phone back over to me, but I, being dumb, forgot to pick it up. 

About 30 minutes later, after walking all around and talking to a lot more people, I realized I didn't have my phone! Oh no. We called it and ran back to everywhere we could think of trying to find it. I said a little prayer but we decided to just keep working and we would take time to try and find it later. 

While Freeman was talking to another lady, his phone rang and it showed that the call was coming from my phone! He immediately stopped and yelled that my phone was found. I ran over, grabbed his phone, and asked who it was on the other end? The voice said, "You owe me fifty bucks!" 

Haha, it was my companion Elder Clark. When I left the phone at the bus stop one of the guys I had been talking to picked it up. He ran into Clark and Holle (Freeman's comp) and said, "Your friend dropped this, here ya go!"

What a miracle! Then I bought Clark a $50 lunch because he had found my phone haha!!! 

As for your lesson it's interesting because we just finished zone conference and the training I gave was on the importance of church attendance. But for the missionaries it was more geared towards ways to help get investigators to church.

At zone conference
Here is a great scripture you could use, D&C 59:9-10.

"And that thou mayest more fully keep thyself unspotted from the world, thou shalt go to the house of prayer and offer up thy sacraments upon my holy day; For verily this is a day appointed unto you to rest from your labors, and to pay thy devotions unto the Most High;"

Also look in Preach My Gospel, Lesson 4, Keeping the Sabbath Day Holy. It helps explain why it's important for us to go to church. 

Oh and speaking of going to church, we went to a ward called Plainfield and I saw a sister who was one of my teachers at Legacy Prep!!!!!

It really is a small world

She remembers Hevynn and Harry, haha what a small world! I'm meeting all kinds of familiar faces here in Indiana! 

Gotta go mom but will you please tell Aunty Mari thank you for the thoughtful letters and for the graduation invitation! I hope Leah had a great graduation! Tell Dallin congrats from me as well. I am lucky to have such amazing cousins! I look up to them more than they will probably ever know. 

Love you mom! Give my love to the family! Ofa Lahi Atu!

Elder Heimuli

No comments: