Indianapolis Indiana Temple

Indianapolis Indiana Temple
Indianapolis Indiana Temple

Saturday, May 21, 2016

Week 48 - I Just Made It Worse

Hi Mom!

I hope both sets of Grandparents are doing better and I will keep them in my prayers.  

Well, this week was fantastic. We had zone conferences in Fishers and in South Bend. 

Wimmer was full on snoring while we were driving to zone conferences. We thought it was hilarious so we took a pic. It doesn't take much to entertain missionaries!
Zone conference is just a meeting with the zones in a particular stake. We had some awesome training, and Elder Wimmer and I did one on church attendance. Funny story, we thought it would be interesting to use a football reference in our training. At one point, I actually say hike and one of the missionaries in the crowd throw the football to me and I catch it. Well it seems that I haven't played football in a while because the ball was thrown perfectly at me, and I just dropped it....I got so much crap for that after the training haha! But it was still a great training despite that. 

Aside from that we went on exchanges with the Zone Leaders in Elkhart. 

Me in Elkhart with a statue of Poseidon
I went with a Brazilian guy named Elder Gonzaga, it was great. We have some phenomenal people in leadership there! 

Elder Gonzaga is the man
At one point during tracting, we got bashed by a guy pretty good. Unfortunately, I decided to pull out scriptures to prove him wrong (he was still wrong) but I just made it worse. Elder Gonzaga just bore his testimony to the man, the guy was still adamant about helping us "find the truth" but he realized that Elder Gonzaga wasn't going to be swayed or bashed with. So he just told us to leave and we did. It's humbling to know that I have a lot that I need to work on still. I admired that about Gonzaga on our exchange and I've been working to increase my testimony as well. A simple testimony can change a lot.

While we were in Niles, Michigan visiting for zone conference, we had dinner with one of my favorites, the Petras Family. I was so happy to see them and my former companion Elder McCloud

Oh, and today we went to play basketball with Hipa and his crew that he brought for selling. And it's just funny being poly what a small world it is, because one of the guys was Val's brother! He was even wearing one of Sifa's shirts!!! Haha I was happy to see him and I got to talk to all of those guys.It was so fun. Except that I suck at basketball, so naturally we lost but it was still fun:)



[Note from Mom: Got this pic in a text from Lakei's niece, Nei. Nei's oldest brother, Maveu, is married to the beautiful Val Siilata. Val's brother posted this pic. So cool that he and Houston met.]
Elder Clark will be leaving June 8th, and his homecoming will be that Sunday in Colorado. The Clevelands leave about 3 weeks after that. I will miss them a lot :( 

President and Sister Cleveland are so patient and loving. They truly care about all the missionaries out here. And I think that's one of the things that I've learned from being around the Clevelands. CHARITY, the godliest trait any of us can possess. I pray that I can love people, not because I have to, but because I choose to. I could preach about love and charity, or I can let you figure out what charity is to you :) So I invite everyone to study about, and pray for, charity. It changes people's lives, and it can change our own. 

Anyways, tell Harry I wish him luck in running for student council, and give everyone my love!!

Ofa Lahi Atu

Sincerely, Elder Heimuli

Here are some more pics:

Someone's missing a cute little puppy

Why does everyone climb on me?

No comments: