Indianapolis Indiana Temple

Indianapolis Indiana Temple
Indianapolis Indiana Temple

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Week 34 - Fefe hake?

Hey mom!

Yup you already guessed it. Because of Presidents’ Day so we couldn’t email yesterday :( 

First off thank you for the package!! I got them all and I was able to make some nice little valentine gifts for everyone! You’re the best mom! And I’m glad the flowers made it to you. Even though I couldn’t be there I hope the flowers kinda felt like I was home.


So the best thing that happened this week was that one of the investigators decided to take a job where he has Sundays off!!!! So we are hoping he will then come to church more often (he has no excuse now haha). But other than that things have been going well. It’s been a bit chilly but the area is great and I am loving the people! 

This week we also went on exchanges with the Zone Leaders and there is a college in my area called Butler. Elder Shoeneman and I went there to personal contact and tract. 



We got cold and no one wanted to stop and listen to us, so we went inside the basketball stadium to warm up. Then we saw these two brown girls walk past and Elder Shoeneman said, "I think they’re poly." I looked at him skeptically and said, "We’re in Indiana. There are no polys." But I decided to muster all the Tongan I knew and yelled to them, "Fefe hake?"
One of them turned and said in a New Zealand accent, "I’m not Tongan. Sorry!!" haha!! So I ran up to talk to them. They are both from Auckland. One’s Cook Islander and the other is Maori. I was soooooo happy! We got their information and, hopefully, we will start teaching them this week :) So pray that they want to learn more!

So on Valentine’s Day I actually went on exchanges to Carmel area to go sing at a baptism. When I got there I met a lot of really nice members who, upon seeing my name tag, looked at me and asked, "Any relation to the Heimulis who played at BYU?" Then we had that conversation again (the one I’ve had over and over many time, haha) about Dad. Haha it’s always funny. As soon as the baptism ended, a family invited us over to their house. It was fun! We just got to know each other, played games and the family actually knows Uncle Vai. He was their stake president!  We talked and talked and then we had another jam session. Our cars were grounded so we couldn’t go anywhere. I was fortunate enough to have such a great family allow us to be in their home.

Haha wow my grandparents now have 8 baby chicks, huh? Happy anniversary to Grandpa and Grams! What a special bond to be married for that long, and even more special is the eternal bond that they share as well!! I love them so much and pray for them always. I really don’t have any clever or cool names to give to the chicks, so I’ll just let Harry take care of that. He is a lot more creative than I am haha!

Here’s my favorite scriptures from the chapter you guys are reading in John (chapter 15).

7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.
9 As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.
10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father’s commandments, and abide in his love.
11 These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.

To put it simply, follow His counsel and commandments. Later in the chapter we read that the 2 great commandments are, Love God and love thy neighbor. It makes sense then that if we love God, we keep His commandments even as Christ did (because again, aren’t we disciples and followers of Christ?). And because Christ followed God’s commandments He abided in God’s love, and we can also if we but just follow His commandments, too. The Savior promised in verse 10 and 11 that we will abide in God’s love and our joy will be magnified and full. That is such a wonderful scripture and I hope you all keeping reading and keep studying!! 

I’m sorry mom, but I forgot my camera when I came emailing.... so I will get them to you a later time!! Love you mom and tell the family I love them!

Ofa Lahi Atu

Sincerely, Elder Heimuli

No comments: