Indianapolis Indiana Temple

Indianapolis Indiana Temple
Indianapolis Indiana Temple

Monday, February 22, 2016

Week 35 - You Ees the Missionarees?

HIYA :)

Well this week has been very busy. I decided to push my district and shoot for 100 lessons and 20 new investigators. We only got 96 lessons, but we found 33 new people to teach!!! Haha it was a great week, and so we are going to be full of appointments for the next few days haha. But that was a result of us going out constantly and working. I can’t lie, it was tiring. But this week should be great!

Isn't this a great wall painting?
No I have not been able to reach the New Zealanders from Butler because I’ve been helping out the other missionaries in the area. But I’m hoping to contact them soon!

At Butler University
You’ve been running around a lot too! Glad you met Dook’s brother at the youth dance. I didn't know people actually went to those jk jk. His name is Simi. I remember him from LPA!! He's awesome. If you see him say Houston says hi. And tell the Munk family I said hi and tell them I asked how Harley is doing on her mish! Also I’m excited for Norris this season! With Coach J there it will be such a great offense. Makes me almost wish I could be there haha. But I am still grateful for Coach Wall and his work ethic he instilled in all the players at BHS. Greatest program ever and Norris will do great. Tell him hi from me and to keep trucking everyone that comes across him in football.

I Have a Testimony is such a beautiful song. Thanks for sending it to me Mom. And it’s even better when all of those beautiful voices come together. Hevynn and Harry killed it!! Hema, Helam, and Bo did also!! Bo would decide to start singing really good when I’m now on a mission haha! I already told you this but I’ll say it again for all the family to see. I showed the other elders and they were like, "Whoa your family is so talented! What happened to you?" I replied, "I got the good looks. They just got the good voices." ;) Haha. And yes I did give them all that winky face when I said it cuz you know I got both, lol!! I’m so blessed to be part of such a talented and spiritual family! 

So again it was a busy week. A lot of tracting. As all the siblings know, tracting is FUN (haha) but LONG. It’s even longer when people just talk for hours. However something funny happened. Elder Huntington and I were on a litte exchange when we knocked on a door. The guy looked at us and walked away. I said, "Well, he's not coming out. Let’s move on and keep knocking." Huntington told me to wait. He said he felt like he would answer. Suddenly, the door burst open and a little Spanish dude came out and yelled, "You es the missionarees?" We said yes! He shook our hands vigorously and said, "I’m Fabio!!! I love missionaries!! I live in Utah back in time!! My family members, but not me. I want to be baptized!"

We had a lengthy conversation then he invited us to come back for cake and kool aid. So I’m pretty pumped for that (the invite, not the cake and kool aid. Ok I’m pretty pumped about the cake and kool aid too). But it just goes to show that a little patience goes a long way. In this case, eternal salvation for Fabio.

Sunday was kind of frustrating because the people on baptismal date couldn’t make it to church. So now we have to push it back to March 22nd and I won’t be here most likely because that’s when I’ll be finished training Ellsworth. He’s doing good. He’s picking up the work well.

With Elder Ellsworth in the background
Oh and the district LOVED my Valentine’s bags for them haha!! I wish I would’ve snagged pictures of that but I forgot. Sorry!

I see Brad more often than you would think. He's in a different stake but I see him a lot at meetings. I will tell him you said hi. He is doing great too. Also Mana is leaving on April 6th so the farewell will probably be the Sunday before then. Thanks for wanting to go support him.

Whoa congrats to Maddie and Dallin on their mission calls!! Haha I’m excited for both of them!! They will come out and I will be just about a year out, that’s freaky!! Do you have dallins email? I would love to email him! Also with Dallin’s court of honor Aunty Lani will be busy! Tell their family I love them and I miss them. Not Lauryn as much, just the rest of them ;) haha jk jk

Oh btw I found some of Sifa's hats here at the Lids store! Haha I freaked out because I was like, "My cousin made those!!!!" I saw a kid walking out with one so I was pretty pumped. What happened to Faith? I hope she will be fine. I’ll keep her in my prayers. and if you see them again tell them hi from me. I love them more than Bo haha!! And I also hope Hevynn is ok. Seems like medical issues just plague our family :/ along with you guys being old! For real though, read Alma 26:27 :) it talks about afflictions and bearing with them and the promise God gives us. I reflect on this scripture a lot because I get a lot of doors slammed in my face. :/

27 Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us, and said: Go amongst thy brethren…and bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success.

I love you all. I pray that God will always guide us and that we will be receptive and ready to act on that prompting. 

Love you Mom and Ofa Lahi Atu:)


Sincerely, Elder Heimuli

No comments: