Indianapolis Indiana Temple

Indianapolis Indiana Temple
Indianapolis Indiana Temple

Saturday, June 25, 2016

Week 53 - Are You Done Yet?

Dear Mom,

Hi! It's me again from the blessed land of Indiana! You're right, things are pretty hectic right now, but it's whatever. Just do what we gotta do.

Attempting a cartwheel. Let's just say it didn't end well :)
This week was pretty hectic, too. We went on 3 exchanges with 3 sets of zone leaders consecutively, had a mission temple day, and cleaned out some apartments. In fact, one of those apartments was Elder Freeman's who goes home soon :(  He was staying over at another elders' apartment because his apartment had bed bugs and the last elders left that apartment a mess. We were told to go and help clean it out. Haha, it was fun to see my "dad" yet again, and it felt good to get that apartment clean. 

Got to see my trainer Elder Freeman again! He's almost done.

After that Elder Wimmer and I went on exchanges with 3 zone leader sets in Franklin, Elkhart and Niles. Oh my goodness, I'm not sure if you remember, but I was always the kid to fall asleep in the backseat on long car trips. Since Elder Wimmer doesn't have his license yet I had to drive. From Fishers to Franklin it's about 70 miles, then after that exchange we went to Elkhart which is 190 miles away, then we followed that with an exchange to Niles which is another 50 mile trip. I hate driving. I drank a lot of gatorade to keep myself awake. 

Exchanges with Franklin ZL's Morgan & Lange
Exchanges were awesome! I always get way more out of these than I seem to put in. In fact during the Franklin exchange I had a pretty cool experience. I went with an Elder Lange. We knocked on a door. A guy opened up the door and said, "Hold up, he'll be out in a second." 

I looked at Lange like, "Did we set up an appointment?" He looked almost as surprised as I was. Then a 14 year old kid came out and told us he had requested to have missionaries come over to answer some questions he had. We talked and it was a great conversation. But then his dad came out and proceeded to swear and tell us pretty much why we are going to hell. You would have been proud of me. I just stood there and listened to everything he said. But then I had had enough. I was about to bash with him when I remembered what Elder Gonzaga did when we got bashed

After that dad finished going off he looked at me, probably expecting me to bash back or say something. All I said was, "Are you done yet?" Oh my goodness, he was furious that I wasn't phased by him at all!! It was soooooo funny because then he just grunted and slammed the door. But his son was still there, aware of the contentious atmosphere his dad had created. I looked at the boy and just bore my testimony. I just hope and pray that he realizes we were not there to bash or to prove others wrong, but simply to share what we believe. 

Moving past that, we actually got to teach a person in our new area this week!! Yay!! We invited them to baptism but there are some complications...so please pray that they can be baptized and that we can find others to share the gospel with.

Today we had a mission temple day. It's a day in which we have all the recent converts around the mission come to the temple to do baptisms for the dead! it is such an amazing experience. One lady came and brought over 40 names to be baptized and confirmed in the temple. Such devotion from those who were just recently baptized into the church. No matter what, nothing will stop this work from progressing. The truth of God will go forward and will not be hindered by anything man can do. I've seen so many miracles and so many things out here that there is no doubt in my mind and heart -- this Church is true. 

Anyways that's pretty much what happened here this week! Now we are just getting things ready for the arrival of President and Sister Carlson. It's crazy that President and Sister Cleveland will be leaving soon. I'm going to miss them so much. But I know that the best way they would want us to honor them would be by working hard for President and Sister Carlson. 

I promise I work hard. It just looks like I'm always eating.
Hopefully we can make this the best transition and best mission possible!

Love you mom and I hope you have a great week!! Send more pics of the babies!

The best videos I can ever watch! Send more please.
Ofa Lahi Atu,

Elder Heimuli

No comments: