Indianapolis Indiana Temple

Indianapolis Indiana Temple
Indianapolis Indiana Temple

Saturday, July 23, 2016

Week 57 - Very Sad and Blown Away

Hey Mom:)

Yes, things have been super crazy haha!! But now that transfers are done, things have kind of smoothed out. What a crazy experience transfers was. And yet it was also the best thing that happened this week. We always get to spend time with the departing missionaries the night before, and I was very sad and blown away with this transfer of GREAT missionaries that just went home.


Elder Freeman, Elder Hansen, Elder Lorsch, Elder Weitzel, Elder Hullinger, Elder Porter, Elder Blood, Elder Weese, Elder Tafuna, and Sister Capener. All of which were ZL's and STL's!! Really and truly great leaders. In fact, in addition to my awesome trainer, three of them were my former Zone Leaders and one was my STL in Niles. I knew them all very well and I looked up to all of these missionaries! They were the kind of missionaries everyone else aspired to become. Now it's kind of like, "Yikes, looks like WE have to try to be like those missionaries now." 


After transfers, Elder Wimmer and I finally rested a bit, then took off to work in our own area and to other parts of the mission to help out. 

Elder Wimmer is a great example. He is willing to talk to everyone. This day he spoke with a couple of Muslim guys who gave us a bean pie afterward.  
In our area we were PC-ing when I saw this girl hurrying to class. I stopped her for a second and she told me she didn't have time to talk. I asked her where she was going and she said she had a test she had to get to. I felt prompted to ask if I could pray for her. She looked kind of puzzled but agreed to a prayer. After the prayer I gave her a card with my number, asked her to tell me how her test went, and wished her the best. You would think that would be the last I'd hear from her. Well, she DID let me know!!! Haha, she actually texted and told me that she got a good grade! She also told me she felt really good after the prayer. So I invited her to church this week, and I am crossing my fingers that she comes :) 

That was probably the other best thing that happened this week. We have just been working hard to balance everything. I don't remember where I heard this, but I heard a quote that "Life is one great balancing act." And it truly is. A lot of times I feel when I get absorbed in or too focused on one thing, I lose sight of something else that's equally important. I'm really striving to become a good balancer, but I know I am FAR from it. Hopefully by the end of the mission I will be much better at that!

Even though we are busy, we still find time to get a good workout in :)
I hope Dad is proud that I'm still trying to get in shape, haha!
Great news about Tasha's wedding! And Tanner is already back!? Whoa....that's so crazy! I can't believe everybody is coming back already. I bet you can just see the change in all of them and how their testimony has been strengthened. Say hi to the Schefflers for me, please!! I do remember the Phippens, not a lot, but I do remember them. It must've been a really fun San Diego reunion for you oldies too ;) haha!

Hopefully, dad feels better real soon :( poor guy, he can never catch a break! How are things going at work? It's good to hear Harry is working hard as well, mowing that lawn! Atta boy. Everyone sounds like they are working hard to provide for their little families! I pray they are all doing well. Please give my love to everyone for me, especially if you meet the Clevelands and any other Indiana missionaries tomorrow :)

Anyways, that's about it for this week! Hope things go well for you at YW Camp, too!

Ofa Lahi Atu!

Elder Heimuli

No comments: