Indianapolis Indiana Temple

Indianapolis Indiana Temple
Indianapolis Indiana Temple

Saturday, July 2, 2016

Week 54 - Crazy Week

Well, from the header you can see it has been a crazy week haha! I'm doing great. Thank you again for mailing out my shoes. I sorely needed them, and we get a little bit of time to workout, but not much anymore, Elder Freeman and his group don't leave till the 15th I believe. Such an awesome missionary and example. I was chatting with him the other day and when I brought up him going home, he just pretended he didn't know what I was talking about, haha. I guess I'll know what that feels like next year.

So the best and saddest thing this week was saying goodbye to President and Sister Cleveland, then welcoming President and Sister Carlson. The only thing President told us was to work hard and help out President Carlson. If i learned anything from the Clevelands, it's 1) Enjoy the work; it's not a burden to be in the service of God and others, but rather, it's a blessing. 2) Touch all the lines; don't skip or shortcut any steps, but be persistent and diligent in finishing the task at hand. And 3) Love, Love, Love. As you know, I actually found it difficult to love EVERYONE. I still do. But having the privilege to be around the Clevelands, I saw how much they cared for everyone. 

Saying 'bye to the Clevelands
My companion is the same. He loves everyone and is always so willing to serve others. I want to be just like them. These are life lessons I know I will still use after my mission. 

I still pick up the guitar when I can, even if that means I'm just serenading my comp, haha
President and Sister Carlson are so great, happy, energetic, and really willing to do whatever it takes to serve others. A theme President wants to initiate is "Full Purpose of Heart." That goes along with one of my favorite scriptures I've been memorizing which is Mosiah 7:33 --

"But if ye will turn to the Lord with full purpose of heart, and put your trust in him, and serve him with all diligence of mind, if ye do this, he will, according to his own will and pleasure, deliver you out of bondage."


With President & Sister Carlson. The Polys made candy leis. Awesome!
Full purpose of heart, to me, means am I physically, mentally, and spiritually involved? At times, I feel I've exerted every muscle in my body that day to serving God, and I was obedient. But was I serving with a good attitude or was I drifting in my thoughts while I was busy doing the physical things? Or, am I thinking about the Savior, but not being obedient and doing everything He asks me to do? Am I a hearer of the word only, and not a doer? There is so much to think about with this theme that it just boggles my mind haha. 

But President and Sister Cleveland did so, and President and Sister Carlson do so now. They all served and serve with full purpose of heart.

But aside from that this week was great as well! Elder Wimmer and I have just been busy setting things up for the Carlsons and working our buns off. 

We got a bunch of food from the Clevelands because they were leaving. But we were not about to take multiple trips back to the truck, soooooo we carried it all in at once :)

So apparently, I scooted myself under the bed during the night. And my comp decided to take a picture once he saw what happened haha! 
In fact we got to PC the other day and we picked up a new investigator! Please pray that she continues to learn and progress. Also this week we have been visiting less actives and we actually ran into a Samoan guy named William Fruean. It was a great conversation and he told us a lot of stories. His wife is Catholic and a very nice woman who just doesn't want any of her kids to be baptized. But they are an awesome family! I love the fact that there are Polys here haha!!! Bro. Fruean is older and served a mission way back in the day. He also worked at PCC and he knew Grandpa Murray! Maybe Grandpa remembers him. 

Sounds like the family is doing well. Are Helam and Alyssa moving in with y'all? How's the progress on the new house going for Bo and Hevynn? How are Hema and Norma doing? They must be excited for Hendrix's 1st bday!!!!!! YAYYYYY!!! July Bdays are the Best! Remeber when you and dad didn't actually tell me when my birthday was and I found out when they sang to me in Primary? Lol ;) Anyways give everyone my love and I pray everything goes well for you all this week!

Ofa Lahi Atu!!
Elder Heimuli

P.S. We decided to buy this weird spiked melon thingy and as you can see it was delicious... well, Elder Wimmer thought so.


No comments: